Kagwe /’ka’ gwe/ noun/
A person who is sharp, agile and quick “Kagwe Mungai is what Africa looks like as it rises.”
He released his debut EP, It Only Gets Better in June 2012 accompanied by self-made music videos for the singles, “Oleku” and “Marry You”. The music video for “Oleku” was successively selected as one of the top 5 Kenyan covers.
Other singles from Kagwe Mungai include but are not limited to:
- “Biggest Fan”, “Bad Girls”, “Dutch ft Fena ”, “T.K.K ft Madtraxx” “Creeper”,
- “Creeper (Remix) ft Wyre, Savara Mudigi (Sauti Sol)
- “Give It To Me” ft King Kaka, “Doctor”
Kagwe has shared stages with the crème of the crop:
- King Kaka, Sauti Sol, Wyre, Fena, Madtraxx, Eric Wainaina, 2 Face (Nigeria) Karun,
- Vanessa Mdee (TZ), Neymar (Mozambique), Muthoni The Drummer Queen,
- Blinky Bill (Just A Band), Kristoff, Kid Kora, Shaa (TZ) and
- Jackie Chandiru (UG) Corporates Choose Kagwe: TEDx, Airtel, Coca Cola, Endemol, Rainmaker, Red Cross, University of Southampton
Including but not limited to:
Citizen, The Star, Daily Nation, KTN, KBC, NTV, K24, Standard Magazine, UP Magazine, Spyce Magazine, DSTV, Ghafla & ALL Major Radio Stations.
“A musical force to reckon with“ – Daily Nation
“Kenya’s fastest growing artist“ – Citizen
“Top 10 people to watch this year“ – DTSV
The brand has conquered more than 20,500 combined followers on Facebook, 20,000+ Instagram followers, 4000+ followers on Twitter and over 800,000 plays and 2000+ subscribers on YouTube. With a strong and growing presence in the continent & abroad of consumers, the world is watching what he’ll come up with next.
- In Production MTV Europe Awards best African Song 2014 (Winner)
- In Artistry Glamour Awards – Best Male Artist 2016 (Winner)
- Peoples Choice Awards – Male Artist of the Year 2015 (Nominee)
- Pulse Music Video Awards – Breakthrough Video 2015 (Nominee)